24st and 25nd of February, Foz do Iguaçu, PR, Brazil
X INTERNATIONAL SWINE INDUSTRY CONGRESS
RULES FOR WRITING THE SCIENTIFIC WORKS
- GENERAL REGULATIONS
- Scientific works must include original information in the several study areas of swine industry and have not been presented in other congresses.
- Split scientific works will not be accepted, or their joining will be recommended, unless when they include a set of sufficient variables in order to have a proper debate on results. If the splitting resulted in works with a small number of variables (less then 4 in each work), they will not be accepted.
– Scientific works will be accepted in the following languages: Portuguese, English and Spanish.
– At the time of submission of works, authors shall inform, by e-mail, to which area the work relates, as follows:
- Production and welfare
- Marketing of Pork / Economy and Rural Extension
- Reproduction / Environmental and others
- Scientific works shall be presented in 2 pages, in A4 sheets of paper (21 x 29.7 cm), typed in Word for Windows, version 6.0 or higher, and saved in the “.doc” extension. The font for the texts shall be Arial.
- Configure the page as follows:
Top margin: 3.0 cm
Lower margin: 2,5 cm
Right margin: 2,5 cm
Left margin: 2,5 cm
- Paragraph structure:
Indentation 1 cm, simple spacing, Arial body10.
The body text shall comprise the following items: TITLE, AUTHORS, INSTITUTION, KEY WORDS, INTRODUCTION, MATERIAL AND METHODS, RESULTS AND DISCUSSION, CONCLUSIONS, BIBLIOGRAPHIC REFERENCES, TABLES AND FIGURES.
Font Arial, body 10, bold, block letters, centralized alignment, occupying at most 2 lines.
Font Arial, body 10, first letter in caps, bold, centralized alignment. Insert the surname, followed by the initials of the given names. The author who will present the scientific work shall be followed by a star sign (*), identifying him/her.
Font Arial, body 9, italic, centralized alignment. Authors shall be identified with a number in bold. In the next line, state the affiliation with the corresponding number.
Font Arial, body 10, bold, block letters, aligned to the left.
Font Arial, body 10. Use italic only for scientific names.
- BIBLIOGRAPHIC REFERENCES
Font Arial, body 9. The bibliography citations in the text shall be identified by number, and the references shall be listed according to the ABNT norms, including the work’s title. The citations shall always include the reference number in bold.
- TABLES AND FIGURES
Font Arial, body 9. In Tables and Figures, only the first letter of the word shall be in caps (e.g.: Table, in bold). Tables and Figures shall be inserted after the Bibliographical references. No photos are allowed.
- SCIENTIFIC WORK APPRAISAL
The scientific works will be submitted to appraisal by the Scientific Panel, and their authors will be informed of their acceptance or not.
- RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF SCIENTIFIC WORKS
- The scientific works shall be submitted by e-mail, on the respective date. Scientific works will be accepted in Portuguese, English and Spanish. Inform the area to which the work relates. No scientific work will be accepted if out of the standards set. Kindly inform your e-mail, phone number and full address, and identify the person responsible for the scientific work for future contact. Send attached files, saved as a “.doc” file, to the following address:
e-mail: [email protected]
– The deadline to send scientific works to PorkExpo is by 08/30/2020